Friday, March 23, 2012

Goings on

It's Friday afternoon and we are watching The Muppets, again. Braedon has finally discovered The Muppets. I have tried for years to get him to watch Kermit with me, but he has refused and refused. I love the Muppets and am so glad he is enjoying them. I may not feel that way after the 100th time watching this movie.

Reilly is in his bedroom playing with his Innotab and refuses to come out. Ok...

Tomorrow we are heading to the Zoo. My mom and I are taking the boys while Dean and his dad cut down a tree in our backyard. I am normally not a fan of "leashing" my children, but I decided to make my life easier. I bought a harness to strap Reilly in with an eight foot leash to hold on to. I'm going to use it tomorrow for a few reasons:

1. Reilly can't stand having someone hold his hand. He will simply drop to the ground like a sack of potatoes.
2. Reilly will run off if given a chance and not stop because you tell him too.
3. He doesn't understand danger. He will run into the road if you don't watch him carefully. I'm afraid he'd jump into the bear habitat if he could.
4. He weighs about 45 pounds and you can't easily "get him" to do things.
5. Last time we were at the Zoo he almost jumped on a Giraffe. I caught him before he got his leg over the bars.
6. I have arthritis.

I think these are good reasons to use a leash. I'll be judging myself the entire day, but I will be happy and not exhausted from chasing my 4 year old all over the zoo.

No comments: